In order to enroll in our TEFL Course you must meet the following standard entry requirements:
- You should be 20 years old by the course start date (note that exceptions based on age are made on a case by case basis)
- You should have a high level of competence in all aspects of English
- You should have either a degree or similar level professional qualification and/or sufficient work experience (*)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the intensive nature of the course and be able to explain your motivation to become a TEFL teacher. (See the Supporting Application Statement below)
(*) Although it is not compulsory for applicants to possess a University degree to enroll in our program, many foreign countries prefer that their TEFL teachers have a college/university degree.
NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS
Applications are welcomed regardless of first language, race or nationality. The only requirements are a proficient level of English, evidence of study at a higher education level (work experience may be accepted in place of academic achievements) and an understanding of the intensive nature of the course.
HOW TO ENROLL:
- Complete the simple enrollment form below.
- We will then send you an Application to complete which also includes your Supporting Application Statement. This Supporting Statement is a part of the application process and it should be a maximum of 500 words in which you explain in your own words why you would like to study TEFL. This statement will be used to gauge your understanding of the intensive nature of the course and your motivation (see our Entry Requirements above). Once you have completed the Application and Supporting Application Statement you will return it via email.
- If your written application is approved, you will need to have an interview via Skype. This is the final step in our enrollment process.
- If successful in your enrollment we will contact you with details of how to pay your non-refundable deposit of US$350 via PayPal, which is due immediately.
- A payment of US$600 must be paid via direct bank deposit within one month of your enrollment being approved in order to guarantee your place in the course. The remaining balance of your course fee is paid in cash upon arrival. The course materials will then be sent to you so that you can read and familiarize yourself with the materials prior to the commencement of your course. You will also be sent a Welcome Information Pack with all of the important information you need for your course & your stay in Peru. Any additional costs, such as accommodation, must be paid in full when you arrive. These costs are be paid directly to the accommodation provider.